Common Home Farm
Interfaith Catholic Worker Community
4501 E. Streacher Road
Bloomington, IN 47408
Phone: Laura (812) 679-7633 and David (765) 490-1250
Website: Common Home Farm
What is our work out here at Common Home Farm?
- It is to tend the land well – to come into relationship with it in such a way that we know how to help it flourish, that we can receive its gifts and offers ours in return.
- Our work is to pray, to be silent, to be witness to the seasons, the seedlings, the non-human life that in turn is bearing witness to God, to love’s presence in this world.
- Our work is to labor with our bodies, to lift, to shovel, to haul, to struggle with the physical world. To create physical spaces, places, gardens, homes, chapels.
- Our work is to love one another, to speak honestly and directly and kindly. To listen to one another. To give way to one another. To collaborate and create and praise together.
- Our work is to offer respite, peace, rest, and space to guests of all kinds. Our work is a practice of radical sharing of space, time, food, and love with all.
- Our work is to practice the Works of Mercy, to be with the marginalized, with the struggles for justice and peace that are happening all around us. To give of our time and energy for the uplift of others.
Consider contacting the Common Home Farm to volunteer your time or to participate in their community life.